This job posting is no longer active.
The successful candidate will be primarily involved with Process Improvements as well managing the Quality Assurance Program for the IPEX Fabrication Plant facility. The position is based in our IPEX Office in Edmonton, Alberta.In this role, you will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Analysis of processing steps for creation of manufacturing cells.
- Equipment layout to create effective manufacturing cells and optimize floor space.
- Assist with continuous improvement activities.
- Assist with design of new equipment.
- Assist with the acquisition of new equipment.
- Conduct Management of Change process to ensure changes are implemented correctly and safely.
- Standards and operating manual development for manufacturing processes.
- Managing Quality Assurance / ISO program.
- Assist with design / development of new or custom products required by sales.
- Ensuring compliance with regards to inspections and testing results; validate the quality and conformity of all finished products.
- Oversee the commencement of each new job to ensure parameters, conditions and procedures are correct.
- Inspect production on a daily basis ensuring customers receive quality products.
- Investigate and respond to customer complaints regarding quality.
- Prepare and update product specification manuals to support Fabrication.
- Assisting with various safety systems as assigned.
To be successful in this role, the Technical Supervisor should possess the following:
- Results Driven;
- A minimum of 2 years’ successful experience in Quality Control in manufacturing industries;
- Post-Secondary Education, Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) Diploma is preferred.
- Proficient with CAD software such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Experience with mechanical design and fluid piping systems an asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent and proven technical communication & negotiation skills with strong presentation skills.
- A dedicated team-player outlook;
- The ability to work independently, with strong self-motivation skills;
- Self-starting qualities with the ability to work independently with strong self-motivation skills along with analytical and problem solving abilities.