This job posting is no longer active.
IPEX is looking for a customer focussed individual to join their US Sales and Customer Service department as a Project Coordinator. Located in our Mississauga, ON office, this individual will need to be able to work at a fast pace, in team environment guided by IPEX's mission to provide our customers with the highest quality products and services using your knowledge and engineering background. Responsibilities:
- Answer phone/fax/e-mail quote inquiries from customers/reps/regionals.
- Communicating market trends with regional managers.
- Quote all industrial products and municipal products for the US.
- Quote specifiable products, when required.
- Update Monthly costs for all products lines (pipe, fittings).
- Update and maintain blender spreadsheets.
- Update and maintain freight rates from main DCs.
- Update and maintain pipe price sheets – street sheets and customer net sheets.
- Create custom price sheets for key customers.
- Liaison between plant/customer to meet promised production dates.
- Regularly review competitors’ websites for new price sheets, pricing announcements or new products.
- Keep a Log and update weekly all Large Diameter/Large Project quotes as well as Vortex projects.
- Follow up on quoted projects for competitive feedback-revise quotes as required.
- Call customers and ask them to help fill loads as required.
- Maintain quotes and drawings for OEM customers.
- Work with planners/plant managers/costing i.e. customer pipe inquiries.
- Work directly with vendors for special order items or special pricing.
- Technical support to customers (dimensions, technical letters, etc…).
- Provide technical support to contractors and/or distributors regarding specifications for PVC piping projects.
- University degree in Engineering; working towards the P.Eng designation
- Experience in the PVC pipe and fittings manufacturing business.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent telephone manners.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent knowledge in various computer applications including: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, etc.