Receptionist Administrative Assistant
This job posting is no longer active.
SummaryIPEX Edmonton is looking for a receptionist/admin assistant to join their team of customer focussed individuals. This position plays a key role as the first point of contact for our customers and visitors. You will receive calls and visitors, determining the nature of business and directing to the appropriate destination. The successful candidate will:
- Answer all incoming calls and any internal queries, relay calls effectively to appropriate destination or direct to voice mail.
- Provide a positive cheerful and professional first impression to those who call or come to the office.
- Receive visitors announcing their arrival to recipient making the visitors as comfortable as possible. Control access into the office handling all walk-in inquiries.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail as well as courier parcels. Log courier parcels out and arrange for pick-up. Prepare outgoing courier bills. Stamp outgoing mail, deposit in mailbox and monitor postage metre level.
- Type basic correspondence, information, letters, memos, quotations etc.
- File customer invoices and other customer and supplier information.
- Maintain up-to-date list of telephone extensions.
- Help in some cases with the general maintenance and upkeep of office equipment, such as fax machine, photocopier and shredder, when and as required phone for local assistance
- Take care of and maintain the literature room
- Maintain a local petty cash and impress account
- Assist in the booking of local meeting and hotel rooms and company functions as required
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in an office environment with exposure to dealing with the public.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and pleasant telephone manner are essential.
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Word and Excel required.