This job posting is no longer active.
Responsible for production activities in the injection molding department of the IPEX London plant. Organizes and coordinates molding jobs, improves safety, quality and productivity; and provides training for personnel.
- Schedule and assign all operators to machines. Supervises and trains employees on all aspects of the operation of the machines to ensure machines are being operated in a safe and proper manner.
- Meets with indirect staff to co-ordinate for mold changes, conduct repairs, inspections and material handling.
- Communicate operations plan in order to have better production, safe time and ensure goals are met.
- Prioritize problems, handles job and employee issues. Ensures all employees are wearing safety equipment properly.
- Prepares production count at the end of the shift to pass on to the next shift in order to provide information on any machine and molding problems.
- Assists in staffing job requirements and evaluates performance.
- Attends quarterly departmental shift meeting to deliver necessary information and training, and follows up on actions resulting from these meetings.
- Ensure area is safe during production, parts and production are of good quality and speed/volume is completely efficient.
- Take all necessary actions to improve safety, quality, machine operation and solving any problems that arise during the production process.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- A grade 12 high school level education minimum, Community College preferred.
- Completion of a Management Development Program, WHMIS Training and First Aid Training is required to properly perform the duties of this position.
- 3-5 years experience in a supervisory capacity in a continuous operation facility.
- Knowledge of injection molding, machine operations and quality control is also preferable.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to motivate people.