This job posting is no longer active.
This is a great opportunity for a results-oriented Manager with excellent planning and scheduling skills and a focus on building a high performing production team. As a key member of the Plant Management team, the Production Manager ensures, through his team, that the plant runs in a safe and efficient manner maximizing productivity and ensuring that a steady stream of quality finished goods are produced. PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for managing the production team on a 24/7 continental shift schedule. This includes four (4) shift supervisors, process department and all production employees.
- Manages the production schedule to ensure production deadlines and quality levels are achieved.
- Develops and implements programs to control material costs, increase productivity and ensure high quality products.
- Builds and maintains a strong working relationship with the union through regular, ongoing communication and handling employee issues with consistency, rigor and tact.
- Responsible for staffing, training and ensuring productivity while leading change and encouraging growth and continuous improvement.
- Leader of continuous improvement initiatives related to lean manufacturing and process optimization. (Kaizen, 5S, PVA, ISO)
- Implements and ensures employees adhere to plant health and safety policies.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Completion of College or University combined with ongoing management training.
- 5-10 years manufacturing and supervisory experience where change management skills have been developed.
- Superior leadership skills to build a high performing production team.
- Autonomous and organized to ensure effective production planning and scheduling in a fast changing environment.
- Exceptional problem solving and conflict management skills with a view to long term solutions and relationship building.
- Knowledge of plastic injection molding combined with mechanical/electrical skills would be an asset.