Compensation and Benefits Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to the VP-HR in this reputable, multi-facility, North American, specialty products manufacturer, in this newly-created role, the manager will:
- Possess strong survey, analysis and program development experience in Compensation, benchmarking positions for both Canada and the USA
- Have experience with a grading/job evaluation system as well as development of compensation ranges that are competitive and Pay Equity compliant
- Be comfortable working with and advising other HR team members and line managers/executives on compensation matters
- Experience overseeing Employee Benefit plans, including RRSP, 401K, STD and LTD
- Experience dealing with benefit carriers re plan administration and claim situations, as well as other external suppliers
- Experience involving employee enrolments, ideally for both standard and flexible plans
- Experience preparing and filing annual and required reports/returns for governments, annual budget planning and contract renewals (union and external suppliers).
The first number of months will involve Compensation to prepare for 2013, then into the Benefits component.
The ideal candidate will possess a university or college education, ideally in HR or a related program, and have completed or be in the process of obtaining their CCP designation.
Specialized training and a minimum of 5 years of experience in areas such as: compensation, pay equity, benefits and pension administration, ideally spanning North America. This experience could have been gained as a C&B Analyst in a corporate or consulting environment. Previous supervisory experience would be helpful because the staff component of 2 Benefits Administrators will be added to this role in the near future once the new Manager is settled into the role.
The individual must have a professional presence, strong interpersonal and communication skills, understand and reflect the confidential nature of this sensitive/personal information, tact and sound judgment, and be able to function fully without a lot of direct supervision. Bilingualism would be a definite asset.
This position could be located at either of two Toronto area locations, Scarborough or south Mississauga. Some travel will be required.
The compensation is competitive and includes eligibility in a profit sharing program that has a successful reward history.
Interested individuals are assured of complete confidence when exploring this opportunity.