This job posting is no longer active.
- Creates, maintains, repairs moulds and tooling. Tasks involve grinding, EDM, milling, drilling, engraving, turning, and disassembling and assembling of moulds.
- Provides preventive maintenance of moulds. This includes assembling, disassembling, finishing, rust spraying and lubrication.
- Repairs moulds during process set-up as necessary.
- Operates forklift and lifting devices to position mould or tooling during maintenance and repair of mould.
- Provides both positive and constructive feedback to supervisors.
- Ensures mould is safe and in good working condition before it is put into use or stored.
- Ensures the work area is clean and tidy.
- Assists in training of new employee as required by supervisor
- Ensures adherence to plant health, safety and environmental procedures at all times to secure a safe and efficient workplace.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of Grade 12 or practical experience in a related industry is required.
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience or knowledge of Mould Making is required.
- Must have Forklift License and Propane Record of Training.
- Experience in a plastic-manufacturing environment.
- Average to good English communication skills both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of health and safety practice in a plant environment.