This job posting is no longer active.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Analyze job costing and material reports and review financial records to ensure maintenance activities are in line with the budget. Assist in quotation process, when applicable.
- Identify energy cost-savings and quality improvement projects in assigned area(s) and move them from concept to implementation.
- Responsible for the maintenance department and optimizing the usage of labor and ensuring priorities are followed.
- Design and implement the Preventative Maintenance program while maintaining proper spare parts inventory and economical costs.
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service in accordance with legislated and regulatory requirements.
- Follow up on delivery of materials and equipment through maintaining communications with suppliers and contractors.
- Source all spare parts, supplies, new process equipment and materials, research benchmarking of new processes for continuous improvement to meet changing needs.
- Prepares economical analysis and comparisons to provide management with information to use in decision-making processes.
The successful candidate will have:
- Completed College or University, preferably in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, combined with PLC Controls, and experience in a related industry is required.
- Over three years experience with rubber and/or plastics in a manufacturing environment.
- Lean Manufacturing experience is essential.
- Excellent knowledge MS Office, CAD and database software.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and project management skills.
- Background in Health, Safety and Environment issues related to plant activities