Product Designer (CAD/CAM Assistant)
This job posting is no longer active.
- Create 2D and 3D finished part drawings, and maintain current part drawings via modifications and enhancements
- Create CAM programs for the modification of existing injection moulds as required by the product development team.
- Maintain communications systems between PC and CNC machines to ensure smooth operation
- Support in the design and development of production fixtures as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline/experience.
- Knowledge of 2D CAD drafting and 3D CAD modeling
- Knowledge of CAM programming and CNC machining practices in a Mould Shop environment.
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Average to Good proficiency in Solidworks, AutoCAD and Mastercam
- Experience in part designing and assembly (Plastics experience an asset)