This job posting is no longer active.
The Hamilton Kent, Toronto facility is looking for a Plant Enginer to join their operations group. The Plant Engineer will ensure that all aspects of plant engineering requirements including equipment installation, design, costing, equipment and building maintenance are completed and accurate in order to meet timelines and stay within budget. They are responsible for all activities relating to engineering projects within the Operations Group for facility and to provide support to the maintenance supervisor.The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for non-project maintenance management duties such as: communicating with contractors, reviewing current status against timelines and cost summaries, in order to provide management with up to date status reports and time of completion. From time to time will become involved in project-related Engineering activities utilizing the MOC Process.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Analyze job costing and material reports and review financial records to ensure maintenance activities are in line with the budget. Assist in quotation process, when applicable.
- Identify energy cost-savings and quality improvement projects in assigned area(s) and move them from concept to implementation.
- Be responsible for the maintenance department and optimizing the usage of labor and ensuring priorities are followed.
- Design and implement the Preventative Maintenance program while maintaining proper spare parts inventory and economical costs.
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; follow manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service in accordance with legislated and regulatory requirements.
- Follow up on delivery of materials and equipment through maintaining communications with suppliers and contractors.
- Source all spare parts, supplies, new process equipment and materials, research benchmarking of new processes for continuous improvement to meet changing needs.
- Undertake assistance with regard to Environmental and Waste Management aspects of the Hamilton Kent Health, Safety and Environmental Systems.
- Prepare economical analysis and comparisons to provide management with information to use in decision-making processes.
- Work in conjunction with production employees on machinery/equipment/tooling improvements, which would enhance Safety, Quality and Productivity.
The successful candidate will have:
- Completed College or University, preferably in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, combined with PLC Controls, and experience in a related industry is required.
- Over three years experience with rubber and/or plastics in a manufacturing environment.
- Lean Manufacturing experience is essential.
- Excellent knowledge MS Office, CAD and database software.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and project management skills.
- Background in Health, Safety and Environment issues related to plant activities