Project Support Technician
This job posting is no longer active.
- Plan & execute work assignments within a given schedule.
- Operate hoisting & lifting devices.
- Inspect, diagnose, maintain, and repair plant machinery, tooling, molds, equipment, systems, and physical structures.
- Operate with skill various machine tools, including but not limited to: lathes, grinders, milling machine, saws, ARC welding equipment & hand/power tools.
- Fabricate & assemble machinery/equipment components.
- Provide training, instruction, and direction to assigned apprentices, helpers, and sub-contractors during the course of their duties.
- Know and keep familiar of all national, provincial, and local codes as they affect repair and maintenance, safety, and construction and dismantling of machinery, equipment, and structures.
- Prepare test material, manufacture test samples &/or overlook components as they go through the manufacturing process. Assemble product testing components & perform necessary testing using CSA/ASTM standards.
- Maintain lab integrity with good housekeeping & equipment maintenance.
- Work with other classifications of employees on equipment & machinery.
- Carry-out administrative duties, specifically but not limited to: documenting test data, filing, report summaries, etc.
- Be required to function in other capacities as directed by the direct supervisor.
The successful candidate will have:
- Completed Grade 12 or practical experience in a related industry is required.
- The ability to comprehend complex blueprints, CAD drawings, & diagrams (e.g., mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic).
- Experience in a plastic-manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Licensed electrician or millwright certification is an asset
- PLC programming knowledge is an asset
- Computer proficiency.
- Average to good English communication skills both written & verbal.
- Knowledge of health & safety practice in a plant environment