Quality Control Inspector
This job posting is no longer active.
IPEX Pharmacy is looking for a Quality Control Inspector to maintain quality control programs designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established company standards and applicable standards of listing authorities.The successful candidate will:
- Competently use measurement and testing equipment (pi-tape, Micrometer, calliper, Instron) as appropriate to the quality control of product and raw materials in the plant.
- Measure, test, and visually inspect all product manufactured by the company in accordance with both internal and external standards as prescribed in the Plant Quality Pipe Manuals, QC forms, Inspection/Test Sheets and drawings.
- Record all information in writing that is generated from carrying out the tests. The QC Inspector must ensure that adequate written records are kept of all quality control information generated internally. Report in writing immediately to the Production Supervisor any deviation from the internal and external standards used by the Company.
- Identify product by using a labelling system once it has met the internal and external standards of the Company.
- Put finished products that are out of specifications on hold and report non- conformances to QC Manager or his delegate daily for disposition. Verify the dimensions and physical test of previously made product.
- As required, carry out secondary checks on product in stock. Re-inspect and document accordingly – products returned by our customers for compliance adherence and review to the company's standards.
- Communicate any relevant information/occurrence to the next QC inspector during shift transitions. Provide information and assistance to production personnel, supervisors and management where required
- Competently and safely use and operate all machinery and equipment pertaining to the quality control of products and raw materials.
The successful candidate will have:
- Completion of College or University, preferably with an emphasis in measuring tools and/or plastics (extrusion/moulding)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Formal training in the area of Quality Control with knowledge and understanding of quality control procedures and control methodologies Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety practices is necessary.