Shift Supervisor (Night Shift)
This job posting is no longer active.
- Ensure area is safe during production. They will also ensure that parts are of good quality and speed/volume is completely efficient. Take all necessary actions to improve safety, quality, machine operation and solving any problems that arise during the production process.
- Schedule and assign all operators to machines. Supervises and trains employees on all aspects of the operation of the machines to ensure machines are being operated in a safe and proper manner.
- Meets with indirect staff to co-ordinate for mold changes, conduct repairs, inspections and material handling. Communicate operations plan in order to have better production, safe time and ensure goals are met.
- Prioritize problems, handles job and employee issues. Ensures all employees are wearing safety equipment properly.
- Prepare production count at the end of the shift to pass on to the next shift in order to provide information on any machine and molding problems.
- Assist in staffing job requirements and evaluates performance.
- Attend quarterly departmental shift meeting to deliver necessary information and training, and follows up on actions resulting from these meetings.
The Shift Supervisor will have:
- A grade 12 high school level education minimum, Community College preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in a supervisory capacity in a continuous operation facility.
- Completed a Management Development Program, WHMIS Training and First Aid Training
- Knowledge of injection molding, machine operations and quality control is also preferable.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to motivate people.