This job posting is no longer active.
IPEX has an opportunity with an opening for a Sales Representative (Mechanical-Industrial Products) to join our team.The successful candidate will manage the sales activity for IPEX Mechanical-Industrial products in the Southern Alberta region. The position is based in our IPEX Office in Calgary, Alberta. In this role, you will target Mechanical – Industrial engineers, distributors, contractors and end users to identify their needs and then find solutions that best meet the needs of their organizations through the promotion and application of IPEX Piping Systems. You will identify projects and work in conjunction with the Technical Sales and Distribution channels to promote sales and increase the market share of IPEX product and service offerings. You will maintain sound knowledge of competitor activity and identify comprehensive solutions to better position our offer while meeting the customer’s requirements. With your proven technical background, you will manage the technical presentation and promotion of our products and services. You will also converse with, and provide support to contractors and end users, building strong business relationships with them, tracking project status and following up.
To be successful in this role, the Sales Representative should possess the following:
- Results Driven;
- A minimum of 2 years’ successful experience in sales and marketing activities within the construction or industrial industries (Knowledge of IPEX Products, Services and Business will be considered as an equivalent asset);
- Post-Secondary education, either university degree or college diploma;
- Excellent and proven technical communication & negotiation skills with strong presentation skills.
- A dedicated team-player outlook;
- The ability to work independently, with strong self-motivation skills;
- Self starting qualities with the ability to work independently with strong self-motivation skills along with analytical and problem solving abilities;
- Great customer relationship management skills;
- This position requires some overnight travel (approx 40%). A company car is provided as a part of the position.