Distribution Centre Manager
This job posting is no longer active.
The Distribution Center Manager is responsible for the management and development of a fast-paced, medium-volume distribution centre. The successful candidate will effectively lead a professional distribution team in continually meeting the changing demands of our industry and our customers. The Distribution Manager will work in collaboration with other departments to ensure the success of the DC operation.Principal Responsibilities:
- Supervise the distribution operations according to the existing service and quality standards defined by IPEX management.
- Plan and schedule the daily activities balancing the resources with the workload.
- Manage and develop the DC team, which consists of 1 shipper and 6 warehouse employees.
- Develop, promote and manage the different aspects of Health & Safety, as well as Human Resources.
- Maintain inventory accuracy through the use of the RF technology and also cycle and physical counts.
- Assist developing the operating budget and, once approved, manage it.
- Ensure that products are properly rotated according to production dates (FIFO).
- Make recommendations to improve the operation and manage projects that are approved.
- Ensure the DC follows all internal practices such as, but not limited to, routing guide/TMS, C-TPAT program, company standards, etc.
- Responsible for properly communicating and implementing procedures (HR, HS and Logistics).
- Ensure proper training of the employees according to internal standards, Manitoba laws and regulations specific to our industry.
- Coordinate repairs and purchases for the warehouse and yard.
- As the manager responsible for a strategic Distribution Centre which services our Manitoba & Saskatchewan markets, the candidate must exercise positive leadership when dealing with the requirements issued by the IPEX sales offices (mainly Winnipeg), the Logistics planners/purchasers, as well as when dealing with the other DC managers. Must act as a resource when new programs are being developed and implemented.
- Plan, prepare and supervise the annual physical inventory.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Completion of a college diploma in a related field or equivalent work experience in distribution, logistics and/or customer service.
- Positive leadership and project management skills.
- Excellent written & verbal skills.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience in a RF & TMS environment would be an asset.
- Proven supervisory capability.
- Successful candidate must complete a criminal background check.