Innovations Project Leader
This job posting is no longer active.
SUMMARYTo ensure all projects are planned and implemented with follow-up; specifically aligned to our business goals, mission and vision. PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Complete and manage all related documentation specific to projects.
- Conduct and facilitate training of new equipment to personnel.
- Liaise with vendors to acquire quotations for approval of the most competitive prices for excellent products and services. Energy efficiency must be considered when purchasing any equipment.
- Submit completed (A.F.E) Authority for Expenditure and supporting documents for approval of funding for projects.
- Ensure all applicable safety standards are met and applied when designing and constructing machinery, equipment and structures.
- Create preventative maintenance procedures, Inspections for all new equipment/ and structure purchased.
- Create written lockout procedures for all equipment.
- Create work instructions for equipment when required.
- Plan and facilitate all new equipment installations.
- Conduct studies on best options for implementation in the course of projects.
- Complete a (M.O.C) Management of Change form for all new equipment or changes made within the facility. Notify and submit forms to required personnel.
- Complete and manage all related paper work for Energy usage/ savings.
- Active participation in IPEX 5-S Program.
- Continuous participation in all facility waste management program and environmentally related training.
- Design and produce new tooling and product; or make modifications as required.
- Add new equipment to the maintenance software inventory list. .
- Liaise with Maintenance Supervisor to schedule personnel required to complete specific project tasks.
- Conduct research on new methodologies for innovation and projects management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of College required, but a Degree in engineering technology or mechanical engineering is preferred.
- Have at least 3 years of experience working with Injection Moulding Machinery.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mechanical, project management principles, methods and practice.
- Experience in 2D and 3D model design using CAD/CAM software (Solid works preferred)
- Able to read blueprints, schemas, drawings.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fork lift, scissor lift, and crane operation.
- Knowledge of health and safety practice in a plant environment.